- No you can use your exsting ids like Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Google, Yahoo or SoundCloud.
2. Can I import my photos from other web sites.
- Yes you can import your photos directly from Flickr, Picasa and Facebook. You can also upload photos directly from your computer or tablet.
3. What are the details I need to enter with the record.
- Photo, Date observed, Place observed are MUST. The location of photo taken is better as precise as we could get. A description and few tags are always good to have. Even if identification help is required, specifying the identity to broad level is always good, like if you are not aware of even the family of the moth, it is always good to specify that it is moth to start with.
4. How should I help with identification?
- Here is a complete article about the identification process. Confirming / Suggesting identifications on iNaturalist,
5. What are the Projects I should post my records?
Here is the list of projects for DiversityIndia. iNaturalist Projects documenting Biodiversity of India.
6. Do I need to add project name for each upload I do?
No. It is not a must. But highly recommended, to increase visibility and usability of the data we have posted. More people see it if it on projects and more comments and identifications to confirm the records.