Happy New Year 2013 to all. This is the time of year when we share Photo of the Year on all the DiversityIndia groups. So here is the call for posting the Photo of the Year. If you are not familiar what it is here are the guidelines.
- Photos taken during 2012 are posted for this, up to three best photos by each member for each taxon group like Butterflies, Moths, Dragonflies etc.
- Please post them with clear subject line "GroupName Photo of Year 2012 : Your Name" eg. ButterflyIndia Photo of Year 2012 : Vijay Barve Photo 1
- Photos are posted with usual specifications and metadata like size less than 1200px the larger size and information like date, place and scientific name of the organism etc. Ref: How to make most of your biodiversity photos
- Remember, the photos that are posted may be uploaded on DiversityIndia websites and blogs.
- Members are encouraged to also post them as Biodiversity Occurrence Records on websites like http://indiabiodiversity.org/ , http://inaturalist.org/ etc.
Please check some of the submissions for earlier years at http://diversityindia.org/photo or http://diversityindia.blogspot.com/search/label/Photo